Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tender Moments

This morning I woke up feeling even worst than I did yesterday! I thought about going to Urgent Care to get checked out...I HATE URGENT CARE! I called my primary care doctor instead...no appointments, so off to Urgent Care we went! We walked into a FULL HOUSE, Ugh really?! I asked the lady behind the desk how long the wait was, she estimated 1 1/2 hours. After going back and forth in my head whether or not I should stay, I decided we would wait it out! All I wanted was to be in my bed snuggled up to my little lady resting while she watched a movie. Tylie was ultra snugly in the waiting room, I think she thought we were there for her. I confirmed we were here for Mommy. She started getting a little bit more comfortable. We all know how hard it is for a toddler to be waiting for that long, but it's as if she knew I couldn't deal with THAT Tylie today. It's as if she knew I was sick. She was such an angel! I was so grateful for her goodness! By the time we got out of that hole it had taken 3 hours! NO! I'M NOT EXAGGERATING!! Got there at 8:30, walked out the door at 11:30. I was so not prepared to wait that long, I had no snacks and only one diaper. I was so glad to look in my purse as we were waiting to find a Mickey Mouse sucker that my friends brought back from Disneyland last week (thank you Dawn and Shanti)! It was a life savor and kept her occupied for maybe 1 out of the 3 hours! Well, even though it was a long morning, I sure am glad I went, as the doctor confirmed it being Strep. The best part of my morning was seeing such a sweet side of Ty. I love how now that she is older, she is so in tune with people's feelings. As we were sitting there, every time I would cough she would pat me and stroke my hair and say "Ohhh mama you okay?" in a concerned little voice. I love this little girl and am grateful for her in my life. Even at my low, she is there to lift me right back up. She is such a blessing and I hope she will always be so sweet!


5 comments:

Ashley and Blake said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well, but hopefully after all that waiting you got some drugs!! Loved all your cute updates! And, yes, I will be up for Ashley's shower. I think I'm gonna come up early and see Erin's place. We should all hang out for a bit and then go over?!

AB said...

Ack. Strep sucks. Get rest. Feel better.

Tiffany said...

I am so sad that you are sick. Too bad I can't come make you some soup.

Cookies and Crumbs said...

That stinks for you! hope you feel better soon. You are lucky you have such a sweet little girl. She reminds me alot of Abby. Unfortunately boys are not compassionate AT ALL at this age.
Sleep lots and get better ASAP!

Bree said...

Yuck! I HATE urgent care too. I had strep right before Christmas and it seriously sucks. I hope they gave you some good drugs and you are feeling better soon. So Disneyland suckers are the trick to keeping toddlers happy in waiting rooms eh? I'll have to remember that! That is so sweet that she was asking you if you were ok and was so sensitive to you being sick. Love the jammies too.