Thursday, February 25, 2010

So is it me or does Tylie look so old all of the sudden?! She is getting really tall. She has always been in the 20-25 percentile and last week after going to the doc, she is currently in the 40th! I know, who would have thought?


Well, we celebrated Ty's birthday with my family last Sunday. Okay so this birthday cake seems a little random for a two year old, but Tylie LOVES the Disney movie UP. She never gets sick of it, loves to watch it all of the time! So it just seemed to fit.
After being so sick all week and missing a whole week of work, I decided to order a birthday cake. My dad insisted that we make one and said that he could help me with the house- NO PROBLEM. He said he had been watching Cake Boss a lot lately and he is pretty much pro now. So, I got started on the layers of cake for the house and he decided rice crispy treat would be perfect for the roof...Bri gets all the credit for decorating...My dad and I were SOOO over it by that time. Man, the Cake Boss makes it look so easy!

Jeff had to work on Sunday so he and Kristin gave Ty her presents early....YEP another Elmo...this one talks and spins. She is in love and says his name is Elmo Bulkee.
My parents got her this radio flyer. I think it is so cute!

Tylie continues to bring so much happiness into our home and we love her to pieces. Two years seems like it has flown by, but on the other hand we have a hard time remembering life before her. We just love having her around. Tylie is so sweet, but definitely has a lot of SASS. Last night I said "Tylie it's time for bed" to which she replied "No Mommy, Don't say that, don't say that." Some things that she says are so funny. Randomly, she will come up to us and get in our face and say "whatcha doding?" or when we leave and say bye Tylie, she says "Bye, I yove you, have fun." After spending a weekend with her cousins, she can identify a few of them by picture. It's really cute, she says Ba for Bailee Liv for Livi, Zo Zo for Zoey and Riber for River. Now she needs to work on the other 15 of them! I guess we know who made the biggest impression on her :) She loves to dance and LOVES to sing! She is counting to 10, knows all her colors and we are working on her ABC's. She is our little sunshine and we are so glad she is a part of our family! We love you Tylie Belle, you make life so exciting.

9 comments:

Carly said...

That girl is so fashionable! She makes Maya look like a boy! haha. I just have no fashion sense.

Happy belated birthday to Tylie! I can't believe they are two!

Tiffany said...

She does look so grown up! I love the cake you did an awsome job.

Chelsea said...

Just for the record...Maya could NEVER look like a boy! She has the prettiest little face ever!

Cookies and Crumbs said...

What a cute cake! I thinks its hilarious that your Dad offered to help because of Cake Boss! What a darling little angel you've been blessed with.

Erin C said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun...and I LOVE the cake!! She is such a lucky girl to have such a dedicated Cake Making Mommy!!

Rachel Ann said...

She is so cute! I love her outfit! I agree with Carly... and I think she dresses better than me. :)

Rachel Ann said...

not that carly's girl looks like a boy.... I have seen her pictures and she is cute. Just that Tylie is super stylish (or... I guess you are.) :)

Anonymous said...

Tylie is a very cute two year old. I love you Tylie

Bree said...

She is looking very grown up. I love her little model pose on the top picture. And I think I'm hiring you guys to make my next birthday cake. I'm very impressed! I love that Bri did most of the decorating on it because you were so over it at that point. Aly ended up decorating Elle's birthday cake because I was SO done with.