Sunday, August 9, 2009

92109



On Friday we headed south on the 405 and left this all behind us, not looking back even once.


Shane surprised me and took me away for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary. He tricked me as our anniversary isn't until this coming weekend. I thought he was tricky but truth be told, our babysitter (a.k.a. my mom) wasn't available this coming weekend. Yep, our first time away together for the weekend EVER since Ty was born!


This is where we stayed in the beautiful San Diego.


The pools at our hotel were amazing!


Shane is the best husband, no seriously, where is the first place he takes me? A Robert Cromeans Salon! Just to give you a little background, Robert Cromeans is an icon in the hair industry. He is a Paul Mitchell platform artist and he is such an amazing person! (Google him, you will love him too) Sorry, back to the story. I have always wanted to go to one of his salons and finally got my chance! Literally our first stop! It was everything I thought it would be and more! Everyone was so nice and welcoming. I felt we had made new friends by the time we left! Oh and I didn't mention that we drove around for an hour and a half to find this place, and Shane was still determined to get us there. Lesson learned: You can't always trust the G.P.S.


We had such a great time just being together and it felt really good to just be the two of us, even though we were missing Ty by the first night! So the rest of the weekend goes as follows...

We laid out by the ocean.


We got to ride on this cool water taxi.



we saw this gorgeous place


LOL got matching shirts, and matching pictures to go with the shirts. Don't be jealous! :)


Acted crazy and irresponsible.



Laid out some more



Ate some good food. Shane was so excited to eat at Seaus' restaurant. Talk about an ESPN addict!




We went Kayaking. So fun!


Sat on our deck back at the hotel and looked at this.


We went to Sea World.



Such a fun and relaxing weekend, one I will never forget! Maybe this can be a tradition!?


7 comments:

Jill said...

How fun! Happy anniversary on Thursday. I just remember running into you guys at the Hyatt on both of our wedding nights! haha :o)
-Jill Castagna
P.S. I hear from multiple people that you do their hair and they love it/look great. My roots are despicable! I need help. Will you take on more people and how much do you charge? You can email me jill.newbold@Hotmail.com

Tiffany said...

So glad you got to go have a fun weekend together. It is so nice to get away, but you do miss your little ones at home. Looks like a great trip!

Cookies and Crumbs said...

What a fun and action packed weekend!
San Diego is so fun and what a sweet Hubby to plan such a great surprise!

Belinda Oborn said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT'S ALREADY BEEN FOUR YEARS? I LOVE YOU BOTH!

Erin C said...

Shane you are so great! Looks like you guys had a blast and I second that you should make the trip a tradition! Seau's is great huh?!

Janetta said...

Jealous! Robert Cromeans! I'm so glad you got to go, you so deserve it!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got to go on a fun anniversary trip. Tylie is a doll. Love you all