Saturday, December 31, 2011

Turning 28 was great.

This year I turned 28 in Arkansas. We took a girls trip + Ryder to go visit my sweet grandparents. We had such a fun time just catching up and hanging out. This was the first time they met Ryder as well, so that was fun. We were so excited to see my grandma doing unexpectedly well, she is a trooper and has had a rough year under going cancer and chemo. So happy to say that she came back from her doctor's appointment last month with a clean bill of health! Yeah!

Shane dropped us off at the airport, I think he was sad to see us go but excited for a guys weekend full of ESPN, golf and who knows what else :)
Ryder's first time on an airplane
Ty was occupied the entire time playing games and watching movies
My sweet grandma and grandpa

My mom with her parents and her uncle
We flew home on my birthday and Shane, my dad and Jeff picked us up at the airport. By this time we were pushing 10:00 p.m. but still grabbed a bite to eat. When we got home the boys surprised me with cake and presents. I was so surprised when I opened one of Shane's presents and it was my entire blog from 2008-2011 printed and made into a hard cover book. I love it and it makes me want to be SO much better of a blogger come 2012...like in 3 hours.

The following weekend we celebrated with our little immediate fam. by going to the Grove and grabbing some dinner.

It was a week of CAKE! I feel like I got a cake every place I went. No Joke! I'd be ok if I never ate cake again :) but it was good while it lasted.







Valerie and Brandi Hicks came to my work to visit and drop these babies off! They were delish and they are welcome to drop by anytime... like in the near future! ;)

No comments: