Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I will forever be very grateful for this little guy! He saved my life on Saturday.
You see I had this very grumpy little girl with me! It has been very difficult to run any kind of errands with this one as of late!

Until this friend of mine popped into my life while I saw him at the check out stand at home goods and Voila, he changed her whole outlook on life running errands! He completely turned that frown upside down and she was smiling that frown away!

Mmm Mmm so GOOD!


Working on that frosting, yet completely content in a shopping cart! Hallelujah!

He lived a short life but he occupied her long enough to let me get some things done. I am so grateful for him.
I guess what I am saying is YES I am THAT KIND OF MOM...you know the kind that bribes their 1 and a half year old...and it works...please don't judge me!

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am a briber too, and I will continue to bribe until it quits working. I love the cute pics though...especially the pouty face!

Carly said...

NO judgment here! I am totally that kind of mom too. I started giving Cadence gum at 2 years old whenever I had to run errands because she would throw tantrums wherever I went and gum was the only thing to calm her down.

AB said...

It's not bribery. It's negotiation: If you eat this cookie and let me shop in peace, I won't take you home and lock you in a closet until your dad gets home.

Cookies and Crumbs said...

I love her talk-to-the-hand/don't take my picture pose! That's all girl there. I have to have my bag full of snacks to shop. But even that doesn't work. Just 15 minutes ago I had a apple launched at my head at Toys R Us. Maybe if I had the smiling monkey cookie instead of a lame apple I would have had more peace!

Static Salon said...

You left that cookie in the cart when you were done, just like we left bits of granola bar all over ikea, didnt you?????

Ashley and Blake said...

Sorry I didn't tell you I had a blog! I wasn't really into when I started and now just don't have time to update it! Your little family is so cute. Hope your weekend was great! Let me know if you need anything else for the party!

Bree said...

I need to try monkey cookies. Dum dums got us through for a little while but now we're back to the freaking out if she is in a cart for longer than two minutes nonsense. Shopping used to be fun right? Can't remember. I say do whatever works!

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

Anything that keeps them happy when you shop- go for it. A good cookie bribe is great. I love the picture of the mad face. :)

Erin C said...

Oh so funny! Monkeys and cookies are always a quick fix!!

Sophia said...

I say anything goes when you are running errands. I love your family pics and she is the cutest peacock ever!!