Wednesday, January 21, 2009

lucky one

Here's the thing, I hate that I have to be away from Tylie when I have to go to work. I am so lucky that I have a job that will pretty much let me choose my schedule. So right now I work Tues-Thurs. It is so nice to work part time and then be with Ty for a 4 day weekend.

Here's the second thing, when I am at work can I really even call it work? I think not! I am the Design Team Leader so pretty much I have a group of students that I take around with me and we do hair and make-up for fashion shows, we promote the school and I go around to salons to help place these students when they graduate. So this past weekend we had a design team event in Big Bear. Paul Mitchell sponsor's Burton snowboards and they are having a demo tour across the country so we get to follow them and promote Paul Mitchell. What this tour entails is pretty much they set up a huge dome with all of the newest, latest and greatest equipment, like snowboards and bindings and anyone can demo it for free for the entire day. So while we are there they put us up in the nicest hotel, pay for all our food, give us free lift tickets, give us clothes and jackets to wear and we can demo any board we want...not to shabby by any means! I get paid for going and the students get hours which means that everyone is happy!


This is what the Paul Mitchell dome looks like...This is my crazy design team...love them!
These are the products we were promoting this weekend, and giving away samples of. Tea Tree and our newest Tea Tree Lavender Mint.

I have the coolest team so even when I am away from home missing Shane and Ty, at least I get to hang out with such awesome people!



Working hard while the others were on a run.This weekend was especially nice because Shane was actually in Big Bear with the young men too. So it was nice to have him hang out with us for a bit! We even got to go on a run together. It was actually our first time boarding together, but it definitely will not be our last, we had so much fun!


I guess what I am trying to say is that, there is times when I wish I could just be with this little face all day long

and hear this little laugh forever and ever



but I realize that it is impossible right now, as Shane is in his last semester of school (YIPPEE) and working so darn hard! So I've come to grips that I am so lucky, because I have such a great job that I absolutely love! I truly am so thankful, and one day I will get to be with these faces everyday!
In the meantime I guess I feel like I really am the lucky one!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Who could resist those cute faces and smiles. Sorry about the pic, it really was the best of the bunch. Next time we will get better ones...In Disneyland!!!!!

Chelsea said...

I would have to argue that I am the lucky one. I am the one that gets to have the two best girls in the world. I mean Chelsea is my "sugar momma” She is working so I can get through school. She is the one bringing home the bacon. I am so thankful for her. And well Tylie she is just feaken cute that is all there is too it. Bottom line is that I am in love with my girls!!! Thanks chels for all you do for our little family and Tylie just keep being cutie like you are.
Love you both
Shane

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful job Chelsea and I know Shane is working so hard to do well in school. You are all the best

Bree said...

Your job is definitely WAY cooler than mine. Lucky! I get to sit at a desk and hear about the economy and stock prices all day. I will say that being able to work part time is a HUGE blessing if you do have to work. I'm right there with you.

That's awesome that Shane is graduating so soon. Congrats!