Wednesday, January 6, 2010

So excited to be starting a new year! I love this time of year. In a sense it's like starting over, it's a breath of fresh air, it's the beginning, a new chance to be better, to set new goals, to try new things. To remember why we're here. I have a good feeling about 2010!

I feel like 2009 was a rough one for the Bulkleys. Never thought so much could happen to one family in one year. I feel very fortunate to be apart of such an amazing family and I am so proud to be a Bulkley! I have learned so much this year, so much I never wanted to learn about but I am grateful for even these moments and heartache that we all seem to have in our lives.

Music is huge in our home and this is a song I wanted to document because I feel like it has helped me get through a lot this year.

Life is Beautiful -Vega 4.


life is beautiful
we love until we die

when you run into my arms
we steal a perfect moment

let the monsters see you smile
let them see you smilin'

do i hold you too tightly?
when will the hurt kick in?

life is beautiful
but it's complicated, we barely make it
we don't need to understand
there are miracles, miracles

yeah, life is beautiful
our hearts
they beat and break
when you run away from harm
will you run back into my arms?
like you did when you were young
will you come back to me?
i will hold you tightly
when the hurting kicks in

life is beautiful
but it's complicated, we barely make it
we don't need to understand
there are miracles, miracles
stand.. where you are
we let all these moments
pass us by
it's amazing where i'm standing
there's a lot that we can give
this is ours just for the moment
there's a lot that we can give

The number one thing I will take with me into the new year is the importance of time. Time spent surrounded by the people I love! Time spent, playing and laughing, time spent making memories. I think I sweat the small things too much and let the "moments" pass. You never know when someone so dear will be taken from you, so I want to spend as much time with the people I love the most! I want to teach Tylie this same lesson at a young age. I want her to be close to her Grandma's, her Grandpa, all her Aunts, Uncles and all her Cousins, but even more so I want her to always remember this man...her Grandpa Bulkley. Her Grandpa that is not living on this earth because he was taken from us in 2009 but he is there, watching over us and protecting us and our entire family. (This is a picture that is hanging in Ty's room...I ask Tylie all of the time, who is that? She responds "papa"...it's cute!)


So here's to 2010, baby!

2 comments:

Ashley and Blake said...

That was very sweet! And a great reminder to us all! I am at work and crying, kinda emabarrassing, but that was very touching. Glad we got to spend some time together this last weekend. We have let way too much time pass and definitely need to find some more time to hang out!Love you!

Bree said...

Love this post. What a great reminder. I think I sweat the small stuff way too much as well. I'm sorry Shane lost his dad. I can't even imagine what it will be like to lose my dad. Hopefully 2010 will bring nothing but good to your family! Love you!